My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'd like the change the world, but mostly I live inside my own head. Here are some of the things I think about.

Friday, August 03, 2007

How Internships Could Cut Down on Illegal Immigrants

There's an article today in the LA Times about a new federal program to try to weed out more illegal immigrants. The article lists concerns about A) legitimate workers getting caught up in the system, B) a flood of work for the Social Security Administration, clogging it up, and C) the companies ability to pay for the work they would have to do on their end to correct this problem.

Here's the solution: unpaid interns.

I'm sure that there are tons of young Republicans and conservatives out there that could use a summer job or internship and are very concerned about the immigration issue. Companies could tap into this group to find people to work on this process within their company. It would be a win for the company (don't pay them) and a win for the workers (internship; experience - could even be something they could use for a political career). Perhaps a business association could team up with the RNC to create this labor pool.

Perfect.

I love my great ideas. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home