My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'd like the change the world, but mostly I live inside my own head. Here are some of the things I think about.

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Notes on: An Inconvenient Truth

"An Inconvenient Truth" is on. There's a reason it won an Oscar; it really is a great *story* film. Even if you disagree with its message, it's a well-built and shaped film.
==

One of his pictures shows smokestacks billowing smoke and it made me wonder: Does someone have a list of all of these places? How many of them are in the United States? What kinds of things would need to happen for those smokestacks to be cleaned up? Could the government create a program that would give grants to clean up all those smokestacks? Could we give international aid to clean up all the smokestacks in the rest of the world?

==
Watching the movie it also occurs to me: We've mostly forgotten this whole issue. Since 2008, the country has been pre-occupied with Barack Obama, the Economic Crisis and now the war over the government's finances. The health of the Earth has been forgotten.

==

Boy, oh boy: Gore's talk about record-setting hot summers and cities recording the most 100+ days sounds REALLY prophetic now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home