My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'd like the change the world, but mostly I live inside my own head. Here are some of the things I think about.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Working on Climate Change With New Technologies

New crystals can absorb carbon dioxide (LAT, 2/16)

This article appeared in the Los Angeles Times (and probably most other major papers) this weekend. I was thinking that maybe the Google boys could do a pilot project wherein they picked one power plant in India or China and outfitted it with these crystals and did the proper upkeep (of draining the crystals and pumping the CO2 underground). It would be a good study to see the change it brings to the area around the plant and it might also provide a good snapshot of how that whole "pump it underground" plan is going to work out.

Postscript 1: Maybe the plants in China and India need scrubbers for more intense pollutants and we should install these in Houston or LA.

Postscript 2: I think I'll abbreviate "the Google boys" by their initials next time, making them sound like a stock on the NYSE ("SBLP").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home